Immortalized by Santana at Woodstock and smashed onstage by Townshend, the Gibson SG is a rock icon. Gibson’s Nashville-made SG Standard ’61 reissue takes you back to the first model year of the legendary solidbody electric guitar — small pickguard, vintage cherry finish, and all. The Gibson SG Standard ’61 reissue is spec’d with a pair of toneful humbuckers; a fast, comfortable SlimTaper neck; and a bound, Plek’d rosewood fretboard with action that’s almost nonexistent. The SG’s lightweight mahogany body delivers great sustain and no pain, even if you play all night. And the worn nitro finish looks and feels great while enhancing the tone of this legendary rock machine.
Strings: Gibson, .010-.046
Case/Gig Bag: Hardshell Case
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: SG Standard '61
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color: Vintage Cherry
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Slim Taper
- Neck Joint: Set Neck
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Acrylic Trapezoids
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Nut Width: 1.695"
- Nut Material: GraphTech
- Bridge/Tailpiece: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic with Stopbar
- Tuners: Vintage Deluxe
- Neck Pickup: Gibson 60s Burstbucker Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson 60s Burstbucker Humbucker
- Controls: 2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup switch